Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Missing you

Hello!

Good Tuesday to you!  It’s a beautiful spring day today here in Las Vegas, NV! (actually this photo isn't in Vegas, but It's Meredith here writing to you! haha)


I used to hate the desert, even though I am a native to it.  I fell in love with the desert when I went to Hawaii last year, I was eaten alive by mosquitoes and couldn’t really breathe due to the humidity. 

(my son took that photo from our condo in Kauai, how could I prefer desert over that? lol)

I never in my dreams would think that I would fall in love with the desert.  However, I know the desert, it’s familiar and I know how to stay cool, how to plant greenery etc.  I believe any place can be a lovely abode with the right set of eyes to look through.

Filter…you see as I write this blog, the word filter is always on my mind.  I understand there is an element of wisdom with using filter to some extent, otherwise why wouldn’t I write anonymously? Oh geez, I’m listening to Frank Sinatra radio on Pandora and the horns are a little too much, whew! That song is over…

I can be random and for sure be unrefined and raw, especially in writing. I mean who cares?  I’m not getting published, nor getting a grade or critique.

I would love a comment though…does anyone ever welcome a comment?  Negativity is something that takes courage to face, but what if my outlook is hopeful of a positive comment?
Now I am boring myself.  

I would like my writing to uplift people in some way.  How exactly is that done?  Just be myself? Am I uplifting in and of myself?  I would say Christ in me is, for sure.  He is the most inspiring encouraging person I know.  And he’s absolutely fascinating!  I get to know this!  I have had him in my life most of my life and never knew these things.

I would like to be the kind of person that is missed, when removed from people’s lives.  There are people I miss greatly that are no longer in my life.  I have always heard of other people say that, “not a day goes by where I don’t think of _______” whomever it may be.  I also would like to add, “not a day goes by where I don’t pray for _____”  Unless of course the person has died already, then I would be hopeful to meet again in heaven.  

Did you know pets are in heaven?  Now I sound like a 7 year old haha…but honestly, I believe that.  It’s not something to make me feel better.  I was perfectly fine before I knew this. 

Part of me can be quite calloused about death. I used to be fine letting go of pets or people etc.  But now that I know pets are in heaven, all the better!  I wonder why people have a harder time handling loss or letting go than others?  My question is, why do I miss some people and not others?  It doesn’t make sense to me.  I wish I had answers in this realm, to know why I miss some more than others.  Maybe I’ll ask God, I should ask him.  I’ll let you know what he tells me, when he decides to reveal that information.

For now I must go, this is me, in the raw..no editing no filtering, well maybe a tiny bit…but I am progressing with courage to move forward with this.  I make no apology for who I am today, for I may be a little different tomorrow.
Have a glorious day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment