Friday, April 4, 2014

to DO or to BE?

Far be it from me to understand people.  Too too many people in this world and too many different types.  

However, similarities true.  I recently saw the movie "Divergent". Interesting how people were grouped into different types, to maintain control and order.

I am a creative type.  I am also sensitive with a bit of wisdom.  That word wisdom has been bestowed upon me, I did not pick it up and attach it to myself.  

Lately I have been thinking about what people do with their free time.  Most people long for it, and greater still, many people have not a clue what to do with it. I refuse to adhere or succumb to either.

Being a creative, my list of things to do is endless.  I fantasize about having nothing but a life of free time, 24/7 which would require a benefactor obviously.  Humorous fantasy to most, I suppose.

I really try to relate to those who are clueless as to what to do with an open Saturday afternoon, or Tuesday evening per se. I wonder if the world no longer had television what would happen to all the minds out there that were laden with the constant search for things to do to fill their free time, things to do to fill their ....life?

Sometimes I envy that position of an honest search for something to do.  Those people usually participate in things that I would never consider, but should.  After all I have my own bucket full of ideas to sort through.

Maybe those people need a list of possibilities or options.  Maybe I could make them one, or sell one haha!

And what about these people who say they have no free time?  I was one of those people, but thankfully no longer.  Time is precious and with the constant noise and duty and obligation and "yes-ing" this and "sure-I-will" that...who ARE we anymore?

Are we not human "beings"? or human "doings"? Or quite possibly a little bit of both if we have the presence of mind to balance ourselves.

I am starting to come to the conclusion that through "being" which is, allowing ourselves to have free time to stop and think and God forbid...just Stare! Yes, I said it...to do nothing, just sit and stare and think.  Maybe you'd fall asleep...well so be it, you probably needed the rest anyway.  

I honestly have come to the place where I think in order to "do", and do well, we must allow ourselves time to "be".  Just be.

What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment