Monday, March 24, 2014

Mondays

Mondays,

They have such a bad reputation, but do they need to?  It's funny that we view the start of a New Year as a good thing and yet the start of a new work week is....blahhhh it's Monday :(

I have really been changing my mind on some things lately and this morning before I left for work, I heard myself say out loud, "It's Monday and it's going to be a fantastic Monday, in fact today is going to go by so fast!"  Yes, I am a total dreamer and nerd at heart.  But maybe it's time to also consider the words "Dreamer" and "Nerd" positive words, why not?

Your mind is the one thing you have control over, I realize for some that may not be the case and there are varying circumstances for sure.  However, for the majority of us on planet earth, we are not harnessing the choice we do have with our mind. 

I choose to identify Monday as a good thing, a new week with new possibilities, and I do understand change takes time.  Change is like a baby, it needs constant care, attention and nurturing.  Much like the investment of rearing a human being, it takes work. 

Actually I could use a plethora of examples for Changing your mindset.  There are big changes...which require large investments of time and attention.  These would be things that have been identified in your mind since you can remember.  We start to see these items as part of our identity, such as "well I've always been shy", or "I've always been this way, I have a short temper" etc etc.  But it doesn't have to be that way.

Maybe most of us are just plain lazy or have a lack of belief that change can actually happen.  Permanent change is the hardest to believe for, especially permanent identity change. 

But it's there, your mind, and the capacity for so much more than what "is" or what "has been" or what "has been Foreverrrrrr".  Doesn't matter how long or how deep that identity or habit or characteristic about you has been there....it doesn't have to be. 

Everyday you wake up, the choice is there and your mind is there as well, waiting for you to unleash it's potential.  We are an incredible creation of God, we should stop minimizing our capabilities.
:)

1 comment: